The monthly (Saturday) obedience open ring events are an opportunity for you and your dog to do whatever obedience skill training, practice “run thru,” acclimation play, etc. that you want to do (without being disruptive to the team in the other ring) during your assigned ½ hour ring time. You are welcome to bring one person along to observe/video or be of other assistance to you; and/or you may ask another participant to “buddy” with you to give you a “called run thru” or provide some observational feedback during your assigned ring time.
In order to maximize the safety of all and adhere to current COVID-19 recommendations and mandates, a FACE MASK that covers your nose and mouth is required at all times, and SOCIAL DISTANCING of at least 6 feet is mandatory. Also, please leave an open parking space between vehicles in the parking lot. If you or others in your household are sick, please do not attend. A restroom will be available, but we cannot disinfect it between every use. Hand sanitizer will be available at each ring and other locations within the building; please use it.
OTHER DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- NO HARSH CORRECTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- A moderate temperature is maintained year around in building 2 where these events are held.
- The two full size obedience rings in Building 2 will be used and standard ring equipment is available in each ring for the Beginner Novice through Utility levels.
- All individuals attending or participating in our obedience open ring events MUST complete, or already have on file, our Waiver of Liability form for the current year.
- Cost – $15.00 for each ½ hour of assigned ring time.
- Ring time will be assigned in ½ hour increments; you may request more than one time slot.
- You will be responsible for “ring set-up” of equipment for use during your ½ hour assigned time.
- Pre-entry is required and is to be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, your dog’s call name/ breed, and your cell phone number with your pre-entry.
- Pre-entries will open on the Tuesday prior to the scheduled Open Ring Event and close when the entry limit is reached or on Thursday at 8:00 p.m. of that week (whichever comes first). A wait list will be maintained should someone cancels.
- The ring times will be assigned in the order in which the entries are received; the first two teams will (usually) be assigned 8:30 a.m. for sign-in/pay, crate set up, etc.; and a 9:00 a.m. working time. This time pattern for sign-in/pay, etc. then working time will follow every ½ for subsequent teams.
- You will be notified by e-mail of your assigned ring time or when entries are closed. The run order for the day will also be provided so that you know who the other participants are for that day.
- A limited number of participants are allowed in the building at one time; only the “currently working teams” and “next two teams to work” will be allowed in the building at one time.
- It is your responsibility to sign-in and be ready to start your working ring time as assigned.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Cindy Harbaugh at email@example.com
November 12 2022
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mark Your Calendar
900 East Patrick Street, Frederick Maryland 21701